Under this full-year service, Southern Westchester BOCES Public Relations Specialists are assigned to districts on a Full-Time Equivalent basis to provide a range of communications support. The FTE rate for the 2021-22 school year for one day per week is $22,648. The PR Specialist acts as a member of your district team, working up to three days per week, occasionally outside normal business hours as agreed upon. Costs are state-aid eligible. Districts may also purchase support for special projects or campaigns. Prices are negotiated according to the scope or duration of service.
What the Service includes:
- Professional communications support and consultation on day-to-day matters, crisis management, strategic planning and special projects;
- Writing and issuing press releases and maintaining relationships with local media; Assisting in the development and execution of a media plan to help increase visibility in the community and differentiate from other districts;
- Writing articles about district news suitable for publication in print or electronic newsletters as well as on websites and social media platforms; Publication of coverage via online partnerships (Patch, The Daily Voice, etc.);
- Assisting and training district personnel in the effective use of social media to support district initiatives and priorities;
- Writing, editing and proofreading official correspondence, speeches and presentations;
- Creating infographics and fact sheets for print and digital publication;
- Managing projects and working with graphic designers in producing newsletters, calendars, brochures, catalogues, budget reports, etc.;
- Photographic coverage of events and programs, editing mages, uploading to website, sharing on social media and archiving;
- Production of short, “newsy” and socially shareable videos in conjunction with written and photographic coverage of events and programs.
What SWBOCES provides: The price of this service covers salary and benefits as well as such costs as staff development, supervisory and administrative costs, and office and technical support. Specialists are equipped to fill a traditional communications role, including a computer and Internet access, telephone, voicemail, email and a camera as well as basic office supplies.
What the district provides: A designated contact person with the authority to direct and approve assigned work will provide project direction, original text , details and approvals as well as training in technology and processes unique to the district.