School Communications Service
Let us tell your schools' story!
The award-winning school communications team in the Southern Westchester BOCES Office of Public Information exists to support your district's communications goals. Our services, offered under CoSer 646, range from print publications and media relations to digital content, social media strategy and crisis communications support. We are routinely recognized by the New York and National School Public Relations Associations for outstanding quality and achievement. We pride ourselves on producing audience focused communications across all platforms, delivering your message to your community wherever they are.
- Summer 2021: SWBOCES Communications Team Receives 11 National School P.R. Awards
- Fall 2020: SWBOCES Communications Team Earns Six Statewide PR Awards
- Summer 2020: SWBOCES Communicators Win Seven National School PR Awards
- Fall 2019: SWBOCES Awarded Six Times in State School PR Contest
Want to learn more?
Call us today to learn how we can help tell your schools' story.
Contact: Geraldine Mastrogiacomo
Office of Public Information
914-922-3425 | email@example.com
About the service
Under this full-year service, Southern Westchester BOCES Public Relations Specialists are assigned to districts on a Full-Time Equivalent basis to provide a range of communications support. The FTE rate for the 2021-22 school year for one day per week is $22,648. The PR Specialist acts as a member of your district team, working up to three days per week, occasionally outside normal business hours as agreed upon. Costs are state-aid eligible. Districts may also purchase support for special projects or campaigns. Prices are negotiated according to the scope or duration of service.
What the Service includes:
- Professional communications support and consultation on day-to-day matters, crisis management, strategic planning and special projects;
- Writing and issuing press releases and maintaining relationships with local media; Assisting in the development and execution of a media plan to help increase visibility in the community and differentiate from other districts;
- Writing articles about district news suitable for publication in print or electronic newsletters as well as on websites and social media platforms; Publication of coverage via online partnerships (Patch, The Daily Voice, etc.);
- Assisting and training district personnel in the effective use of social media to support district initiatives and priorities;
- Writing, editing and proofreading official correspondence, speeches and presentations;
- Creating infographics and fact sheets for print and digital publication;
- Managing projects and working with graphic designers in producing newsletters, calendars, brochures, catalogues, budget reports, etc.;
- Photographic coverage of events and programs, editing mages, uploading to website, sharing on social media and archiving;
- Production of short, “newsy” and socially shareable videos in conjunction with written and photographic coverage of events and programs.
What SWBOCES provides: The price of this service covers salary and benefits as well as such costs as staff development, supervisory and administrative costs, and office and technical support. Specialists are equipped to fill a traditional communications role, including a computer and Internet access, telephone, voicemail, email and a camera as well as basic office supplies.
What the district provides: A designated contact person with the authority to direct and approve assigned work will provide project direction, original text , details and approvals as well as training in technology and processes unique to the district.
Professional quality graphic design is an integral piece of your overall communications strategy. We are pleased to offer in-house graphic design services to produce your district's calendar, newsletters, brochures, fliers, postcards and a range of other publications. Smart, appealing design conveys professionalism and elegance and lends clarity to your message.
Our public relations specialists work closely with the designer to ensure your publications say exactly what you want them to say and do so compellingly and effectively. As these professional services are provided by SWBOCES staff, we are able to off this service as state aid-eligible.
Graphic Design is priced at an hourly rate and may be purchased on a single or multi-project basis. Administrative fees waived for CoSer 646 participants.