Welcome to CoSer 646!
We're here to tell your story
The award-winning school communications team in the Southern Westchester BOCES Office of Public Information exists to support your district's communications goals.
Our services range from print publications and media relations to digital content, social media strategy and crisis communications support. We are routinely recognized by the New York and National School Public Relations Associations for outstanding quality and achievement. We pride ourselves on producing audience focused communications across all platforms, delivering your message to your community wherever they are.
Want to learn more?
Call us today to learn how we can help tell your schools' story.
Office Assistant: Geraldine Mastrogiacomo
914-922-3425 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Under this full-year service, Southern Westchester BOCES-employed Public Relations Specialists are assigned to districts on a Full-Time Equivalent basis to provide from a range of communications services. SWBOCES provides administrative support (including HR, payroll and benefits), office space, equipment, Internet access, etc., while the PR Specialist acts as a member of your district team.
Working up to three days per week, the specialist helps build and implement publications, web content, media outreach, district mailings, social media and crisis communications support.
FTE costs are per 8-hour day up to 0.6 FTE. This may include occasional coverage of events outside normal business hours as agreed upon. Costs for these professional services are eligible for state-aid reimbursement.
Districts may also contract on a limited-time basis to complete special projects or communications campaigns. Prices would be negotiated according to the scope of the project or duration of service.
What the School Communications Service includes:
- Professional communications support and consultation on day-to-day matters, crisis management, strategic planning and special projects;
- Writing and issuing press releases and maintaining relationships with local media; Assisting in the development and execution of a media plan to help increase visibility in the community and differentiate from other districts;
- Writing articles about district news suitable for publication in print or electronic newsletters as well as on websites and social media platforms; Publication of coverage via online partnerships (Patch, The Daily Voice, etc.) and other publications;
- Working to assist and train district personnel and others in the effective use of social media to support district initiatives and priorities;
- Writing, editing and proofreading official district correspondence (i.e. letters from the Superintendent), speeches and presentations;
- Creation of infographics and fact sheets for use on social media and websites and in print publications;
- Project management, including working with graphic design professionals, in the production of newsletters, annual calendars, brochures, catalogues, budget reports, etc.;
- Photographic coverage of district events and programs, including photo editing for print publications, uploading to websites and sharing on social media;
- Production of short, “newsy” and socially shareable videos in conjunction with written and photographic coverage of district events and programs.
The above service can be enhanced by the hiring of professional consultants providing services such as photography and graphic design or for the development of specific strategies and campaigns.
What SWBOCES provides:
The price of this service covers the public relations specialists' salary and benefits as well as such costs as professional staff development, supervisory and administrative costs and office and technical support. Specialists are equipped to fill a traditional communications role, including a computer and Internet access, telephone, voicemail, email and a camera as well as basic office supplies.
What the district provides:
A designated contact person with the authority to direct and approve assigned work will provide project direction, original text , details and approvals as well as training in technology and processes unique to the district.
Professional quality graphic design is an integral piece of your overall communications strategy. Smart, aesthetically pleasing design conveys professionalism, elegance and clarity around your message. We are pleased to offer in-house, professional graphic design service for your district's calendar, newsletters and other publications. This service is state aid-eligible.