Fixed Asset Recording
Robin Ornstein - Senior Account Clerk
914-937-3820 ext. 4529
Travel Reimbursement Form
This form is used to log local mileage for reimbursement. Per BOCES Policy 4411, mileage will be reimbursed at the rate approved by the BOCES Board each year.
- Original receipts must be submitted for any tolls or parking incurred during this travel.
- This form must be received in the Accounts Payable office with all appropriate signatures within 90 days from the date of travel.
- Travel on weekends or holidays should be explained in the space provided above the signature lines.
Conference Request and Reimbursement Forms
The process to attend workshops and conferences begins with filling out the Conference Request Form. Upon completion of this form it should be given to your supervisor along with the agenda for conference. The guidelines for conference expenses can be found in Policy # 4411.
- Maximum amounts allowed for meals are as follows:
Itemized receipts are required for all meal reimbursements. Credit card receipts alone will not be accepted.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be claimed as part of meal expenses.
- SWBOCES is exempt from paying tax on hotels in New York State. When booking hotel make them aware you are with BOCES so they give you the appropriate rate. You can obtain a copy of the tax exempt form from your supervisor.
- When calculating mileage be sure to write the number of miles and the current mileage rate being used in the space provided.
- Original toll receipt or EZ Pass statement is required for reimbursement of all tolls.
Purchase Order Increase Form
This form is used when the invoice amounts exceed the amount of the purchase order by more than $10.00. The form should be completed in full to ensure timely processing and approvals.
Asset Purchase Form
Please use the form linked below for new asset purchases, transfers and disposal
Assets: Mobile Devices
Please use the form linked below for registering mobile device assets.
Fixed Asset Form
Please use the form linked below for the recording of fixed assets
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I acknowledge receipt of items ordered or services received?
Each department must verify receipt of items purchased by signing the “Receipt” copy of the PO. Accounts Payable CANNOT process payment until verification of goods received have been received.
How long does it take to get a check issued to a vendor?
Typically, payment can be expected within two weeks of the invoice being received in Accounts Payable; however, this is contingent upon the Invoice and any backup or receipts meeting all audit requirements to process the payment. If signatures or additional information is required, the process could take longer.
Where do I attain a tax exempt certificate?
Your supervisor should be contacted to provide you with the form.
If my invoice has an error can I mark through the error and correct it then send it to Accounts Payable?
No, if there is a mathematical error, short shipment of items, unauthorized substitution of goods, etc., the vendor must correct the invoice and a new invoice issued. The vendor may also issue a credit against the original invoice. Exception – if sales tax was billed inappropriately, cross out the sales tax amount, subtract from the invoice amount, and note the correct net amount on the invoice.
What do I do if I have a lost check?
The payee must notify Accounts Payable either via fax, or email, with the PO Number, the name of the vendor, amount of the check, check number (if known).
What do I do if I receive an invoice or credit memo?
Sign it and make sure the PO number is listed on the invoice and send it via interoffice to Accounts Payable.
When can I pick up my check?
Checks are issued and mailed twice per week. No checks can be picked up.
When is an Increase Form necessary?
An increase form is required when an invoice is ten dollars or more than the amount listed on a Purchase Order.
What is needed for a purchase?
Once a requisition is entered, quotes or attachments must be forwarded to the Accounts Payable department with the requisition number. If the items are being purchased from NYS Contract or BOCES bid, this information must be in the body of the requisition.