Accounts Payable

Expense Reimbursement Policy

Expense Reimbursement Regulation

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I acknowledge receipt of items ordered or services received?

Each department must verify receipt of items purchased by signing the “Receipt” copy of the PO. Accounts Payable CANNOT process payment until verification of goods received have been received.


How long does it take to get a check issued to a vendor?

Typically, payment can be expected within two weeks of the invoice being received in Accounts Payable; however, this is contingent upon the Invoice and any backup or receipts meeting all audit requirements to process the payment. If signatures or additional information is required, the process could take longer.


Where do I attain a tax exempt certificate?

Your supervisor should be contacted to provide you with the form.


If my invoice has an error can I mark through the error and correct it then send it to Accounts Payable?

No, if there is a mathematical error, short shipment of items, unauthorized substitution of goods, etc., the vendor must correct the invoice and a new invoice issued. The vendor may also issue a credit against the original invoice. Exception – if sales tax was billed inappropriately, cross out the sales tax amount, subtract from the invoice amount, and note the correct net amount on the invoice.


What do I do if I have a lost check?

The payee must notify Accounts Payable either via fax, or email, with the PO Number, the name of the vendor, amount of the check, check number (if known).


What do I do if I receive an invoice or credit memo?

Sign it and make sure the PO number is listed on the invoice and send it via interoffice to Accounts Payable.


When can I pick up my check?

Checks are issued and mailed twice per week.  No checks can be picked up.


When is an Increase Form necessary?

An increase form is required when an invoice is ten dollars or more than the amount listed on a Purchase Order.


What is needed for a purchase?

Once a requisition is entered, quotes or attachments must be forwarded to the Accounts Payable department with the requisition number.  If the items are being purchased from NYS Contract or BOCES bid, this information must be in the body of the requisition.