Nine SWBOCES Students Graduated from Irvington High School in June
Many of the Graduates Will Attend Four-Year Colleges
Nine students from the Southern Westchester BOCES Therapeutic Support Program at Irvington High School received their diplomas at a June 17 graduation ceremony.
The graduates were celebrated in a picturesque setting along the Hudson River with a clear view of the Tappan Zee Bridges, old and new. David Cohen, the school principal, urged students to continue to ask questions, challenge the status quo and to think outside the box.
The Irvington high school band and its chorus, which includes an SWBOCES 11th-grade student, provided beautiful and inspiring music.
“We at the IHS TSP Program are so proud of our students and wish them much success in their post-secondary school endeavors,” SWBOCES Principal Alberta Grant-Johnson said. “Many of them have been accepted into competitive four-year colleges. Some have elected to remain closer to home while starting their college careers. Congratulations, we are so proud.”
These are the graduates:
- William Launzinger – Regents Diploma – Carmel
- Manolo Benitez – Regents Diploma – Elmsford
- Michael Joffe – Regents Diploma/CDOS – Mount Vernon
- Stephanie Lopez – Local Diploma – Rye City
- Louis DeSanctis – Regents Diploma/CDOS – Rye Neck
- Danielle Rader – Regents Diploma – Scarsdale
- Lara Robinowitz – Regents Diploma – Scarsdale
- Dylan Hargraves – Regents Diploma – Yonkers
- Jaclyn Vasquez – Regents Diploma – Yonkers